Saturday, February 10, 2007

Thomas and Guys

I had my off on Thursday morning, but I was pretty much wrecked from not having enough sleep. I always look like I don't have enough sleep. I have friends who come into the shop and tell me that I look tired and my eyes are always bloodshot and all.

And I wonder why I don't seem to have that healthy glow on my face any more!

Anyway, Wee Lee and I went to JB. Yeah, you heard me right! I wonder why I've never fully enjoyed the perks of living in the north till now. Travelling to JB is faster than going to Orchard Road! The only problem is that it requires a passport and the immigration officers are not impressed by how different I looked when I was in Sec 1 as compared to how I look now. I need to change the photo sometime soon.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We stopped at the coffee shop just after the customs for a meal. There was this thing that blocked out the sun, but was green in colour thus causing everyone to look like Ninja Turtles. I thought it looked pretty interesting so I took out my camera for a quick snap much to Wee Lee's dismay. He didn't want us to look like tourists! He's after all Malaysian - and there's no better guide because the waitress told us how much we had to pay - in Malay, and he understood!

After that we walked over to City Square, which was this new-ish shopping centre. I managed to grab one of those Taiwan fashion mags for half the price that it was sold in Singapore. I think I need to go over there more often to make the most of my money. The first place we visited was a hair salon called Thomas and Guys. WL was going to get his hair cut by the senior hairstylist, but she was so busy that we were actually told twice to come back half an hour later! We spent the time shopping and I was quite impressed with the fashion for guys over there, some of whom looked like they just stepped out from HK mag Milk.

We waited impatiently for close to two hours before we were attended to. While waiting outside, I actually commented that one of the hairstylists looked quite cool, and as fate would have it, he was the one who cut my hair! I asked for something short (because I love to shock). He made some small talk but what amazed me was that he could tell I was Singaporean (do I look that typical?), finished army, and am 20 years old. Come to think of it, he looks rather young himself! I stared into the mirror, only to see a pair of puffy eyes stare right back. I'm bad at making small talk. Most of the time I was just nodding and making some weird grunting noises in agreement. I promise to be more friendly the next time I go back.

He also suggested that I dyed my hair (my freaking short hair for S$44) because I have a lot of white hair. Anyone who has seen me recently will agree, and it's one of the things that I'm rather traumatised by. If I had bought enough money, I might've said yes, but I didn't. I did say that I would go back though (but probably for a haircut instead because Bernard volunteered to dye mine!), but I'd get him to dye my hair before I go into Uni. He also said something nice about my physique, and he might probably be PR-ing me, but he couldn't really say that if I looked like fuck right?

Everyone likes a compliment now and then.

As you can probably tell, I enjoyed the experience tremendously. Getting a good haircut (along with the short but relaxing shampoo session) is definitely in my list of pampering-myself activities.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The mall was well-decorated for CNY and I know that because I had time to explore while waiting for Wee Lee (who spent another hour and forty minutes in there, on top of the forty minutes we spent in there together). I swear the next time I'm going to bring much more money over there. I bought myself a new pair of shoes that my mother had been nagging me to buy for weeks. It's brown (because it's the in colour for shoes now), and I got it for S$25.

When Wee Lee had finished straightening out (literally) the last bits of his hair, we went to have dinner. We had planned to go to his place initially but due to the lack of funds after he bought this really cool BAPE jacket (something that Edison Chen was seen wearing quite a couple of times), we scrapped the idea, and went home really early. In fact, we got home by 7!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And the first thing I did was show my mom my new pair of shoes and take a couple million photos of my (new) hair. I liked it a lot and I think he did a great job. It was what I wanted - somehing short and easy to style. It's functionable enough for my active lifestyle, and not something that'll look like a mop if I don't do anything to it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The back's longer than the front though, which is cool! Heck, I know I'm narcistic, but then again, it's much better to like yourself for your looks than it is to contemplate about getting plastic surgery. I see this ad when I take the train everyday, and I think it's nice for to be able to like yourself for how you look.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

weetzdom tooth said...

"making some weird grunting noises in agreement"

hahahhaa... it's funny the way you described yourself... haha

jason kyh said...

well, i had no idea how to respond to the hairdresser.

SHY LAH.