Monday, April 09, 2007

唯舞獨尊

I apologise for the bad quality of pictures and rushing through this entry again. Ryan and Colin have already blogged about their experiences and I've got nothing else to offer, other than the photos! Muahaha!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I was very excited to be in the Indoor Stadium once again, but this time to be in the presence of an artiste that I can understand (Rain was good, but there was still a language barrier!). Having bought the tickets 3 months before, I've been waiting for this day since then! Colin got us seats with an amazing view with sufficient space to jump/dance around and also, good "leg space".

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The 5 of us waited about 1.5 hours for the show to start, almost till the point that we got really bored. But as the lights got turned off one by one, the atmosphere started to get really tense. But then I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Indoor Stadium was fully packed.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

She rose up on these two rings to a great height, and there was no support. So all of us were pretty freaked out by the fact that she was hanging upside down (you try it!) and doing her gymnastic things. It seems that she's making a habit of starting off every concert showing off her moves. Must be the yoga.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

She kicked off with Wan Mei, and then Mr Q. I was somewhat surprised to hear the gem being performed so early in the concert but the crowd seemed to love it. Everyone was holding up their huge red... stick things and waving them to the rhythm. She then went into the dream mode with Le Yuan, which didn't go down too well with the crowd, but was great for the mood. I mean, you can't be that high for the entire 2 hours right?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The special guests were Energy. We were all very disappointed when we heard it was them and not Edison Chen, Show Luo or Stanley Huang. However they gave their best shot and sang Come On and Fang Shou, arguably their biggest hits to date. Which really is kind of sad if you consider that both songs were from their first album! Anyway, I guess they did really well because the crowd went ballistic (dare I say even crazier than when Jolin did the first 5 songs). I sort of lost interest in them especially after Milk left, and I haven't heard a single bloody song from their first album as a threesome. My favourite guy on there was Shu Wei, although he's a B-grade singer compared to Ah Di. They still have potential I guess, it'll be up to them to make the most of it. Their ballad was boring, but it's good to take a breather such high-energy tracks.

Bad pun. Arhm. And Colin was shouting, "Toro!" at them.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now this get up was fabulous. And she also did some show-stopping ballads. If I'm not wrong (I think I'm already mixed up with the 2 ballad sections) she did Kai Chang Bai and Lin Mong Chao De Wei Dao.



Here's a little recording of it, starting from the second chorus I think!

After that she did the Kallang wave twice and then got everybody up on their feet before getting everyone insanely high on her biggest hits - Kan Wo 72 Bian, Ye Man You Xi and Ai Qing 36 Ji. Almost everyone was standing, grooving and having a good time. I'm quite happy that most of the audience seemed like they were enjoying themselves tremendously too. It seemed like a huge party.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This was the performance that made it worth the ticket price. The live performance of Wu Niang was super electrifying. Everyone got on their feet again. The part of the dance which was featured in the MV and also at last year's MTV Asia Awards came alive right before my very eyes and it was heart-stoppingly good. I'm going to get the DVD of the concert because of this performance.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

She ended the concert with Dao Dai, something she has been doing since her last concert. I think the choice of song was apt, because everyone knew it really well and we all had such a good time I wished that we could "Rewind" and experience the entire thing again.

It was brilliant, despite what the Life! article said.

They should publish Colin's aritcle instead.

Ooh, and thanks to Weetz for the ride to Somerset!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no trouble :)

weetzdom