Sunday, August 26, 2007

Phuture Bash

I've sprained my back. It hurts when I breathe hard enough. I try desperately to find a position to sneeze that doesn't make my back feel like it's going to break, but apparently it doesn't exist. I think I got it from my overly vigorous dancing prior to the performance yesterday.

I'm really exhausted today, but I feel like that almost everyday now. I think it comes from the constant "pushing" of limits and challenges of school and hall. I love it, because it makes me feel more alive than I've ever felt, but sometimes I just wish that I had the entire weekend to sleep, to shake off all the tiredness and start the week fresh.

I enjoyed myself a lot yesterday, from the OP fitting to getting my hair done at Hair Profile (again!) at Far East, and then cabbing down to Phuture for rehearsals and make up. I was like a kid in a candy floor when the dance floor was empty and the music was pumping... It was fantastic to have the place to ourselves and we did enjoy every moment of it. It's more of the fact that there was no audience and we had a lot of fun doing what we've always done, dancing, the catwalk and stuff like that.

The performance itself was a different story though. We waited for more than half an hour after 8 before we began. We had alcohol courtesy of our bosses. I thought I did the dancing okay till I missed this entire sequence of steps and then I sort of lost balance during the first step of the pair dance with Jing Ying, but I think it ended well. After that was the catwalk followed by the Q & A, which was made a whole lot funnier because of Jaren and Daren. Seriously. I was more or less comfortable, but I did tense up when I was supposed to answer which is my best asset. I ended up shaking my butt twice crappily. I demand I have a second chance to prove that I can do it as well as Ricky Martin. It was hilarious to have Jaren ask me when I did my practising and my roomie to answer that I did it in the room while I was on the bed and he was on the floor. Kinda retarded but yeah...

The easiest but probably most sian thing was standing there with the voting box and waiting for everyone to vote for their Mr Popular. I only got one person whom I didn't know coming up to me, but yeah, it was great to see Colin, Peijun, Shujing, Ivan etc. etc. I am thankful that voting won't be done the same way again next week. Spare me.

It was an almost totally different situation for the girls who had tonnes of people flocking to them. Haha... it was quite a cool sight, cos everyone had their supporters! Violent voting.

My favourite part was when it all ended and I drank with my OG, I drank with Elyn and her friends, I drank with Ian and his friends as well. It was enough to keep me real high for the rest of the night (and the music SUCKED BIG TIME) and I was quite close to puking, although my mind was clear and I was coherent... I think I danced pretty well though, considering the lack of space. I got commented that I danced like an ah peh. Kaoz... never seen my true power yet! Haha... I do realise that you've to reach a certain high point to dance with wild abandon. And I've also finally realised why the very digusting "This Is Why I'm Hot" Mims song is popular. There're just songs you need to hear in a club to appreciate. Even I liked it when it came on!

The most important thing was hanging out with friends in hall... Kind of bonded on a deeper level with a few more people despite how clubbing is a somewhat superficial social activity!

By the time I reached home my ears were still ringing and I was beginning to get a bit of a headache. Thankfully I don't have a hangover this morning! I still have 4 tuition kids to teach.

Lastly, I'd like to thank Daniel, Yu Lian and Peijun for their SMSes of encouragement and Ivan, Shu Qi and Angel for coming down. Rock on!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: