Thursday, August 28, 2008

DND Fever

It's The 12th Parallel in two more days and yes I am excited. I've been slogging crazily for that very day and I think the rest of the committee will agree that we want to see it happen with a bang. There's a lot of preparation to do as well. As of now PNP has already designed a polo-tee, a banner, tickets, programme booklets, taken thousands of photos, hundreds of videos, a blog... and probably tonnes of other stuff that I cannot remember. I'm happy I was pushed to reach such a level of productivity and having to produce work with consistency. I've certainly felt that being at the helm of PNP for DND 08, we've worked to raise the standard that has come to be expected of a hall event. Of that, I am proud.

I've been neglecting almost everything else in life, especially my health and now I'm paying for it. But it's so close to DND already I really cannot be arsed about it. I've learned a lot though, that my life shouldn't stop just because there is some big event like exams, DND, whatever... There should be some fixed routine that I can settle comfortably in.

But then again I'm never a person for routines.

Last of all, I'd like to thank everyone (despite the fact that I often use the blog to thank everyone) for their support during this terribly insane month. I appreciate every word that has been said, every action that has been made to deal with my exhaustion and sometimes my un-enthusiasm at the things going on around me. Also the fact that I cannot turn up for all events and outings that have been planned... I hope that this is something that will change in the future. I seriously cannot thank you guys enough for all that I have been given... I am very blessed.

A special shoutout to the pageant contestants - the video shoot was quite crappy and although I looked like I had an idea of what I what I was doing, I didn't convey my ideas across fantastically well. However I hoped you guys enjoyed working with me - I was really encouraged with all your appreciation for what Pearlyn and I have been doing. You guys rock!!!

01

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey yh
siting here.
jiayou for being social sect for CS yeah..haha sorry for not being that supportive a senior of CS..
haha was pretty disappointed that you ran for CS cos i was really hoping that you would run for DND chair! But o well... You said you'll run in Year 3 yea... :P
Will be waiting for a DND organised by you.
Don't neglect your studies though..
Jiayou and well done for DND website!