Monday, March 12, 2012

Bukit Batok Nature Park Run

I'm not going to lie - the run was a killer.

I had my dental at West Coast Way and Firus met me there at noon to start our run. Moments after we began, it drizzled. It got heavier and we took shelter for awhile and the rain stopped. We went in the wrong direction but got to see a cock and two hens, as well as a bit of the train tracks. Thankfully it didn't rain and it stayed mostly cloudy. (We weren't really keen on floods as we were running alongside the canals.)

The blazing afternoon sun came out as we made our way up the park connector, past Keming Primary School and right into Bukit Batok Nature Park where there was finally some shade!

Okay, we did stop for a bottle of 100-plus at some mama shop as we were nearing the park. It was just to save ourselves from dehydration.

We didn't have much time to explore the park because it started to rain again! We did manage to take a couple of photos at this gorgeous body of water which got collected in what used to be a quarry. Reminds me of xiao guilin, a place that I visited regularly when I was young.

Maybe we should plan a solid route round Bukit Batok one day!

j01

j07

j02

j03

j04

j06

j05

No comments: